Fitness training programs can take many forms. But finding that one fitness training program that’s suited to your body type may take time. Do not give up. The best fitness training program is one that you like. Here are some articles that will help you in choosing the right one for you!
Personal Fitness Training Programs
There are many personal training programs, including certificate and degree programs that can prepare you for a career working in a gym, fitness center, spa, resort or in clients’ homes as part of a personal business. It include short certificate programs, two-year associate’s programs and four-year bachelor’s programs which culminate in the student taking a certification exam and getting their degree before entering the job market. These personal training programs provide an excellent opportunity to do what you love and make life a little better for your clients from a health and fitness perspective.
The most popular personal training programs are bachelor’s degree programs in health science, which begin with the traditional college courses such as math, science and English before getting into the upper level health and fitness courses. If you want to get finished with school as quickly as possible, you may also choose a certification program that focuses solely on personal training with no general education. There are also online schools that allow you to study personal training while keeping your current full time job.
The PT classes in these programs include anatomy courses to understand the human body and its mechanics, as well as human physiology, health and other fitness classes.
If you choose to complete one of the bachelor’s degree personal training programs you will likely be taking advanced courses in business and professional development, group fitness instruction, mind and body, minerals supplements, nutrition, vitamins and weight management. This way, you will be prepared for a career in any type of fitness center or spa, as well as for running your own PT business.
Take the time to compare personal training programs, including the degree and certificate options, and weigh out all the options before choosing any particular program.
Make sure you find an accredited school, and if you want to have the most career options, look into the bachelor’s degree programs at four-year universities. It is necessary to make sure you’re getting the best value for your time and money and preparing yourself for a bright future in the PT field.
Institutions offering quality PT Programs include ATI Career Training Center, Heritage College, MedVance Institute, Provo College, Vatterott and The National Personal Training Institute.
To build stamina and strength, the best fitness training program may be a weight training program. You never know until you try it! So read this article and be convinced!
Weight Training – Basics of Weight Training Program!
Weight training programs are organized to build muscle and also gain required weight. There are some basic points, which are to be considered in order to gain adequate weight or muscle building. Some instructions are given below.
Heavy weight should be used: In training programs heavy weights should be used, as that is the way when the individual understands that body needs to grow. Heavy weight should be used but it should be smart also. The individual should think that to lift the heavy weight the person should grow.
Compound movements should be focused: Compound movements usually involve largest muscle groups and as a result hit utmost muscle fibers. This results into fast muscle gain. Some of the best moves can be mentioned as squats, bench press and dead lifts. All these should be done in regular manner. As the major muscle groups need more concentration as well as energy, they should be trained first.
Training time and frequency: Training should be done less that one hour per day and that too only three to four days in a week. The valid reason behind it is that an individual after rigorous weight training lacks testosterone production after fifty to sixty minutes of training while cortisol levels rise after some period of it. It is always tough to concentrate after doing weight training because of the lacking energy levels.
Both upper and lower body should be trained: Proper proportion in the body should be there. Legs should be trained with squats. Weak leg and weak chest are the factors responsible for injury at the time of deadlifts and rows.
Focus should be there: If an individual exercise in a regular manner week after week he must get the muscular physique. He can do it in the gym or else in the home environment.
New workouts should be added: All the time doing the same workout can be boring to the person. That is why every time new workouts should be added to avoid boredom.
Regular measuring is needed: In every week measurement of the chest arms, waist, etc is to be taken. Weight should be measured regularly.
Some other basic instructions are to get the best result add some aerobic exercises to the weight training programs. The formula in the rest and recovery section should be followed seriously. Free weights are regarded as better than the machine. Machines are always safe and easy to use but in spite of these factors free weight should be chosen for the beginners.
Getting Started With a Weight Training Program
Bodybuilding and weight lifting offer several health benefits, and can complement your usual cardio routines at the gym. If you’re interested in increasing muscle size and strength, you can focus on strength training to start reducing body fat, building up lean muscle and improving your endurance. However, there are specific guidelines to follow to ensure you’re maximizing your workouts and getting the muscle gains you want. Here are some essential tips for the beginning bodybuilder:
1. Learn to set realistic goals. Set up a training program that you can stick with for several weeks at a time, and modify it only on specific intervals throughout the year. Bodybuilding is not a shortcut workout, but an ongoing process. You’ll need to be realistic about how much time you can commit to your program and organize your day so that you are reaching or exceeding your daily goals.
2. Don’t forget about cardio. Cardiovascular training will help you build stamina and endurance, and will complement your weight training routine. However, it’s easy to overdo cardio when you’re getting started; limit cardio sessions to just 30 minutes, 3-4 times per week to get the most out of your workouts.
3. Change your workout routines regularly. Bill Pearl, the author of the bodybuilding and weight training book “Getting Stronger” emphasizes the importance of adding variety to the routine. Ideally, you will want to change your entire routine every four to six weeks so that different muscle groups can be pushed to their fullest potential, and you still enjoy your workouts as the weeks go by.
4. Dress the part. Make sure you’re wearing the right shoes and comfortable clothing when training. You don’t want to get injured because of wearing poorly fitting shoes, or because you end up overheating at the gym. Make sure you’re comfortable in your outfit, and invest in some quality clothing and gear to keep you motivated.
5. Take your ‘before and after’ measurements. Taking pictures and measuring yourself frequently throughout your training program can be very motivating and help you stick with your program for the long term. Keep track of your progress with pictures and a workout log; you don’t have to share these with anyone, and can turn to them whenever you’re feeling unmotivated or ‘stuck in a rut’ with your workout routine.
6. Practice mental concentration. One of the benefits of bodybuilding is the mind-body connection you’ll develop as you increase resistance and push yourself to your fullest potential. Focus on really understanding how your body is responding to certain workouts, and what it takes for you to push through those challenging sets. You’ll need focus and self-discipline to keep going, but the results will be well worth the extra effort!
Beginning a bodybuilding or weight training program can seem overwhelming at first, but it won’t take too long for you to progress beyond the ‘beginner’s stage’ if you persist and commit to your program. Take the time to map out a solid training schedule and keep track of your progress so you can make the most of your investment.
If you enjoyed reading this article, you can read more articles on fitness training, and other topics like exercise, working out, wellness programs, and where to find the best bodybuilding supplements on our fitness blog.
There are indeed many different kinds of training programs. You can try them all, before settling to the one fitness training program that works for you. Work at it consistently. No stops and starts. But rather, a pace that’s effective for maximum health benefits!